UNDERSTANDING AND SURVIVING GRIEF, LOSS AND TRAUMA
All of us are affected by this at some point in our lives, sadly, many suffer alone in silence over and over. This 5-day session is designed to help individuals learn more about travelling through grief, loss and trauma in the most empowering way possible, for ourselves and others, that we want to help in our lives.
In grief and loss there are no magic fixes, it is a journey for everyone that can be short or long or can last for years. We are all different and manage our recovery differently, therefore facilitators cannot offer a “cure”, only a way to understand our loss and give us some tools to cope and ways/ideas to help others.
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS SAFE, INTERACTIVE 5 DAY WORKSHOP ARE....
- Building your emotional vocabulary
- Emotions: your brain and body
- Emotional mapping and cycle of emotions
- Guided relaxation and meditation
- Understanding body language/non-verbal communication
- What is anger?
- Your perceptions of anger
- Origins of anger and anger management techniques
- How to stop being annoyed by life
- Social media influences on anger
- How far would you go for avoidance?
- Transforming problems
- Positive self-talk
- Coping strategies
- Healthy boundaries
- Grounding techniques
- Handling other’s anger
- Active listening techniques
- Conflict resolution
- Anger contracts
- Write a new story
- Negative thinking traps